Friday, September 3, 2010

Fashion Failures - CROCS

Well, I had to rank this one #1.

Basically, it happened when I was passing by someone who was dressed in a simple tanktop-and-long-skirt combi. I was just thinking that it looks decent, when I glanced down at her shoes. And ... we have...

 C-R-O-C-S.

I was immediately disgusted. Well, I am not saying anything about how people in Singapore prefers FlipFlops over heels and other options. I am just saying, the CROCS shoe is NOT a fashion statement. If you want to put it, it is a fashion mis-statement, disaster, or even NOT under the fashion category at all!

The first time I remember someone wearing CROCS was my maths teacher during a holiday remedial lesson. Because it is holiday, the attire standard was generally lax. Still, I was surprised to see a teacher in this weird shoe that was so brightly coloured. I wondered if that is the new trend, when a student started talking to the teacher about CROCS and how she had one too. They then started talking about how comfortable it is and etc, right in the middle of the lesson.

If it is comfortable, I guess it is fine. But if you are wearing CROCS as part of your fashion attire.... then I would say, "leave the CROCS home, please." I personally have no experience with CROCS, so I can't say anything about its comfort level, but seriously, it looks ugly.

Upon some search through the net, I heard about these oppositions to CROCS:
  • A blog named "I Hate Crocs dot com" was created to follow opposition to CROCS, the original "luridly coloured Swiss cheese clog-footwear".
  • The Facebook group "I Don't Care How Comfortable Crocs Are, You Look Like a Dumbass", was dedicated to eliminating the shoes and has over 1.4 million "likers" as of July 2010.
See what I mean? These are sane voices.

For your benefit, because I draw ugly pictures,

-LoggerHeads

No comments:

Post a Comment