Friday, September 24, 2010

Dreams

When I was young and eagerly watching the black-robed men with white wigs in the television participating in a huge debate, I said I wanted to be a lawyer. But in actual fact, I just wanted to be important and make others listen to what I have to say. 

When I was dreaming in the weekends devoid of school, I thought I wanted to be a baker; to be able to put flour into huge ancient ovens and produce bread. But in actual fact, I am just greedy and wanted to eat all kinds of delicious bread.

When I was slightly older, I really wanted to be a pilot; to be free in the sky as a majestic warrior fighting the restrictions of gravity. But actually, I just wanted to look cool and travel to all kinds of places without having to pay for it.

A few years ago, my dreams got wilder, and I thought I wanted to be a GUNDAM pilot. It would be the coolest, yes it would be. Just look at this photo and ask yourself in what way does it not look cool? It is a REAL LIFE 1:1 GUNDAM in Japan. All those heads below... how many humans do you have to pile one on top of the other in order to reach that hight? Not even twenty people is enough for that.


Today, I learnt that no matter what happens, dreams are important. Go ahead and laugh at my dreams, but the wildest dreams are those who led us to a brighter future. The dreams of Archytas, Eilmer of Malmesbury, Abbas Ibn Firnas, Leonardo da Vinci, Francois Pilatre de Rozier, Fran├žois Laurent d'Arlandes, Sir George Cayley, Jean-Marie Le Bris, John J. Montgomery, Otto Lilienthal, Percy Pilcher, Octave Chanute and Englishman John Stringfellow allowed the first successful aircraft to be built and the first successful flight to be recorded in history. Dreams are huge, and they are worth more than what you think.

How much do you value your dream?

-LoggerHeads

P.S. No matter how many times I uploaded the picture, it still look epic to me. And it is not even mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment